Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blog #5: Rutgers RIOT

When first looking at Rutgers RIOT, I learned about choosing a topic that is both specific and interesting. Choosing a topic that's too broad would probably cause me to leave out important information if I had to fit it into a certain number of pages. This information about choosing a topic is essential to me because my own topic needs to be able to be described about within a certain number of pages. I also want it to be interesting and for people to want to keep reading.
I also learned about how my paper could really benefit from choosing the right sources; primary sources are the best to use and therefore that's what I'll look for first. When looking for sources, I also must keep in mind the author and place the source is from to make sure it's accurate.

Rutgers RIOT is interesting because it's interactive; this made it more intriguing as I kept going along in the tutorial. I could see myself looking at this website again when I begin writing my research paper to refresh my memory on the topics covered in the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment