Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blog #4: How Privatization Affects What Students Study

Writing my analytic essay opened my eyes to what privatization really affects.  Part of my paper detailed how private schools offer less programs to students. This would be good to write in my research paper, as I can now offer information about schools having less majors for students to choose from and the statistics regarding what programs students are enrolling in more. For example, "Higher Education and Privatization"tells that there is a decline in liberal arts degrees in the past forty years. By becoming private, colleges limit the programs offered to students, yet tuition rates are rising.

2 comments:

  1. I agree the reading really did bring insight as to what privatization is about and how it affects all of us. Although there are supposedly good consequences stemming from this, I only see the bad. Like you said limited programs and higher tuition. It just doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are programs being limited though? Is it just because it is too expensive?

    ReplyDelete